Core Reading List
1) Curriculum.gov.mt. (2018). A National Curriculum Framework for All. [online] Available at:
http://curriculum.gov.mt/en/resources/the-ncf/pages/default.aspx [Accessed 13 Jan. 2018].
2) Freire, P. (2000). Pedagogy of the oppressed. Bloomsbury Publishing. [online] Available at:
3) Freire, P. (2005). Education for critical consciousness. London: Continuum International Pub.
Group. [online] Available at: http://abahlali.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Paulo-FreireEducation-for-Critical-Consciousness-Continuum-Impacts-2005.pdf
4) Ministry for Education and Employment, Malta (2014). A strategic plan for the prevention of
early school leaving. [online] Floriana: Ministry for Education and Employment. Available at:
https://lifelonglearning.gov.mt/dbfile.aspx?id=47 [Accessed 17 Nov. 2017].
5) Oecd.org. (2018). Equity and Quality in Education. [online] Available at:
https://www.oecd.org/education/school/50293148.pdf [Accessed 13 Jan. 2018].
Supplementary Reading List
1) Albemarle County Public Schools. “Cultural Community Ambassadors.” Retrieved from
http://www2.k12albemarle.org/dept/instruction/comengage/eqdiv/Pages/CulturalCommunity-Ambassadors.aspx Cartledge, G. and L. Kourea.
2) Cartledge, G. and Kourea, L. (2008). Culturally Responsive Classrooms for Culturally Diverse Students with and At Risk for Disabilities. Exceptional Children, 74(3).
3) Education.gov.mt. (2018). Education for All. [online] Available at: https://education.gov.mt/en/resources/Pages/Education-for-All.aspx
4) Krasnoff, B. (2006). Culturally Responsive Teaching: A Guide to Evidence-Based Practices for Teaching All Students Equitably. US: Education Northwest.
5) Krasnoff, B. (2016) Educational Equality: What does it mean? How do we know when we reach it? Center for Public Education, January 2016, p. 1.
6) Montgomery County Public Schools, (2010). Equitable Classroom Practices 2010. Montgomery County Public Schools, 2010.
Retrieved from http://www.montgomeryschoolsmd.org/departments/development/resources/ecp/ECP%20-%2008-13-10.pdf
7) Montgomeryschoolsmd.org. (2018). A Resource for Equitable Classroom Practices 2010. [online] Available at:
http://www.montgomeryschoolsmd.org/departments/development/resources/ecp/ECP%20-%2008-13-10.pdf [Accessed 13 Jan. 2018].
8) Nnstoy.org. (2018). Social Justice Book List 2018 [online] Available at: http://www.nnstoy.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/NNSTOY-Social-Justice-Book-List-1.pdf [Accessed 13 Jan. 2018].
9) Nuri Robins, K. Lindsey, D.B., Terrell, R.D.,. Lindsay, R.B. (2007). Cultural Proficiency: Tools for Secondary School Administrators. Principal Leadership, 8(1).
10) Richards, H.V. Brown, A.F. and Forde, T. (2006) Addressing Diversity in Schools: Culturally Responsive Pedagogy.” Denver: National Center for Culturally Responsive Educational Systems. Retrieved from: http://www.nccrest.org/Briefs/Diversity_Brief.pdf Page 4 NuriRobbins, K.
11) Waggoner French, L.J. (2005) ‘A Study on How Multi-Cultural Awareness Training Changes the Cultural Sensitivity of Teachers’. Master’s Thesis. R, University of North Carolina Wilmington. (p.6.) Retrieved from: http://libres.uncg.edu/ir/uncw/listing.aspx?id=1568