The Institute for Education (IfE) is committed in its pursuit of academic excellence to equality of opportunity and to a pro-active and inclusive approach to equality, which supports and encourages all underrepresented groups, promotes an inclusive culture, and values diversity. This commitment is underpinned by the IfE’s core values, expressed in its mission statement. The IfE is therefore committed to a policy and practice which require that, for course participants, admission to the IfE and progression within courses will be determined only by personal merit and by performance. For employees, entry into employment with the IfE and progression within employment will be determined only by personal merit and by the application of criteria which are related to the duties and conditions of each particular post and the needs of the institution concerned.
Since its inception in 2015, the IfE has developed a number of policies and procedures to address Equality, Diversity and Inclusion which include the:
- Course Participants’ Grievance Policy and Procedures
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Extenuating Circumstances Policy
- Grievance Policy and Procedures for Employees
- Funding Policy and Procedures
- Health and Wellbeing Policy for Course Participants
- Health and Wellbeing Policy for Employees
- Higher Education Sponsorship Policy
- Learning and Development Policy
- Leave Policy
- Leave of Absence Policy
- Sexual Harassment Policy and Procedures for Course Participants
- Sexual Harassment Policy and Procedures for Employees and Persons on a Contract for Service
Furthermore, the campus at the IfE offers inclusive facilities for all members of our diverse community. Indeed, at the IfE, one may find all gender bathrooms, shower facilities, accessible parking bays which are designated for vehicles displaying a Blue Badge and accessibility ramps.